SNOW CAMP Skalnaté Pleso
Do you dare to spend a freezing night in a tent at the altitude of 1,751 metres?
A special adventure begins in Tatranská Lomnica. A grooming machine takes you from there to the final destination - Skalnaté Pleso, where you set up your tents and get a package with solid instant food. The same which professionals use to recharge their batteries when camping in the Himalayas. The whole Snow camp is supervised by a professional instructor who has experience with real snow camps in alpine environment. To add something special to the evening programme, a thematic film about the mountains is screened in a hut. Thermal sleeping bags that can resist temperatures of -28°C, special sleeping mats and tents designated for extreme conditions guarantee safe but rather non-traditional sleep.
You must have seen it already. The outside temperature is extremely below zero, at high altitudes even lower. But a group of keen alpine tourists needs a place to stay for the night. They dig holes, set up their tents, turn on gas cylinders to make tea, eat some instant food and enjoy an unforgettable night. This is a scene from many foreign adrenalin films...
The price includes:
- 1 night in a bivouac in Skalnaté Pleso
- groomer transport to the camping site
- company of a mountain guide, basic instructions
- camping equipment rental (sleeping bag, tent, sleeping mat...)
- dinner in the form of dehydrated tourist food
- evening programme in the Encián gallery
- breakfast in the restaurant of Skalnaté Pleso
- cable car ticket from Skalnaté Pleso to Tatranská Lomnica
Only adults over 18 years can participate in the Snow Camp!
Please put warm winter clothes and high hiking shoes on, and take spare clothes, thermal underwear and two pairs of gloves with you.
One layer of thermal underwear and socks are enough for staying inside the tent.
Snow Camp v zimnej sezóne 2017
Hlavný partner projektu: